Parish Church of Our Lady of Fatima

On 17 July 1944 the Provincial of Dominican Friars, Fr Joseph Gauci, spoke of his desire to open a new Dominican house on top of the hill in Guardamangia. A few years later, on the initiative of Fr Edmond Klimech, the Provincial of Dominican Friars during the years 1952-56, the preparations for the construction of a large convent and sanctuary began. 

The foundations of the church were blessed on the 8 of December 1953, and on 28 March 1954 blessings and the laying of the first stone of the sanctuary by Archbishop Mikiel Gonzi.